Monday, September 7, 2009

Good afternoon to everyone! It's September and it sure feels like Fall. I love the change of seasons, the colors, the smells, the clothes, the mood. I have moved my 2 mile early morning walk into the gym downstairs, mostly because I want to add some light weights for my muscles. I am surprised how weak I have become. It's interesting in this process to see surprises arise like that after working out for 25 years. Always something to help us remain humble.


I have been excited for the month of September. Yes, my MRI is coming up this week. We are beginning our family fast Wednesday at noon and ending Thursday at noon. My MRI is Thursday morning. My results with the doctor is Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. All of you who would like to participate are welcome and appreciated. Your faith and prayers mean so much to me. Even those of you who I don't know about. The Lord will acknowledge your effort and will bless us both. I would be grateful for any of you who can make a call into any of the L.D.S. temples and put my name on the prayer rolls. I had a "friend" tell me the other day I should keep all this private "just in case" the results are not in my favor. Less would have to be said and explained in that case. I have responded to this thought before. I know there is always other possibilities to all events but this is how I must look at it and approach it. If you think and worry about what you do not want, believing that is the way to fix it or safeguard yourself, you are fooling yourself. The best way to get what you don't want is to think about it a lot, talk about it alot, and feel worried. It will show up and keep showing up. The best way to give yourself what you do want is to imagine it, get excited about it, allow it to happen, and express gratitude to God when it does. That's our hope!

Some other things that are going on this month that our family is looking forward to is our annual trip to Snowbird, Utah. We have some timeshare units up there in the Little Cottonwood canyon. It's a place our family meets together and shares a week of fun. On top of the excitement this year, our son Judson, who has been serving a mission for our church in Denver Colorado is finishing up his mission. His release date is September 25th. Since we will not be home, his mission president is flying him into Salt Lake to meet us while we are at Snowbird. We can all hardly wait! It has been two years since we have seen him. We get to email him once a week and talk to him twice a year on the phone, on Mother's Day and on Christmas Day. So you can see how special this will be for our family to get him together with us. Having a missionary serving the Lord and standing as a witness of Christ brings such wonderful blessings to a family. I will add our youngest son, Colton is now serving in Guatemala. He has been gone for four months.

In closing I want to leave a scripture out of the Book of Mormon with you.
It is found in 3 Nephi 14:7&8

"Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened."

Our life is good in so many ways. Thank-you for sharing part of you with us!

Love Janae

5 comments:

  1. Janae,We love you dearly and are so glad you have wonderful faith and want you to know we are by your side 100% I will make sure I call your name into all the temples that I know of.I added your names to 3 a few weeks ago when I was adding another friends.Brittni is sad you are not at seminary anymore but she knows why and prays for you daily as well.If you ever need anything you just let us know I will be joining the fast and praying for you that you get the answers you deserve.I cant wait for Judson to come home that will be wonderful for you and your family.You need the trip to Utah to unwind and relax.We love you so much and pray for you always.

    Love,The Pedersen's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janae- So sorry Dawna and I missed your birthday get together. We were both out of town. I hope it was fun.
    I am joining in on the fast and my families prayers are with you as you get ready to have your scan tomorrow, Good luck.
    Love,
    Mindy Moats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janae,Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I want you to know that I think of you every day and pray each time you come to mind.
    We've seen the power of fasting and prayer and it's a blessing for me to be able to participate for you. Here's to great news!!!
    Don't get discouraged if you don't like the news you hear....remember last time? It took a week to get the real "good" news. You are a trooper, keep up the good work.
    It was wonderful to see you and your girls "lookin' so fine!" Isn't it a true blessing to be the mother of daughters? when they grow up you have best friends who just happen to be your daughters. Have a wonderful time on you family reatreat/reunion with Judson.
    I love you Janae-na....Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for great news tomorrow! I hope you have a wonderful vacation with your family!

    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janae, our prayers and love are with you. Thank you so much for sharing your spiritual insight. Great spirits always lift those around them, no matter what they face themselves. Wonderful news to hear that you will soon be with your missionary son - what a great blessing. You will remain in our prayers. I know Heavenly Father hears every prayer and answers them in his loving merciful way. Love...Yvonne & Lyle

    ReplyDelete