Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hello to everyone! This is Janae. I really do write on this every morning around 3:00 a.m. when I should be asleep. I talk myself out of getting up becaz' I know that I will never get any rest. I do think of all of you and feel of your love and prayers for me and our family.

I am feeling great. I have been doing my program almost 5 weeks. My MRI has been moved up a day (Thursday) and results will be given me on Friday. We are starting a family/friends fast tomorrow, Wednesday at noon until Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. All of you are welcome to join if you desire. I will let you know what I find out. I feel there will be some great changes even though it hasn't been a lot of time. In talking with Leona she said that no change is a good change becaz' that means we have stopped the growth. I will still continue on my program becaz' I feel so great. The only thing I am noticing is that throughout the end of my day as I get tired, talk too much....I struggle with my speech some. It makes me have to slow down and make my mouth move but it doesn't bother me. My family thinks its a good thing to have me a bit quiet. Imagine that!

Calvin and I went over to the temple on Saturday. What a wonderful place to spend the day, to receive answers and reassurance from our Heavenly Father.

I love the scripture in John 14:26-27
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I feel so blessed to have been raised in the church as a child. To know that I have been born as a spirit child of God which makes us all spiritually brothers and sisters. I am so thankful to my parents who provided my earthly, mortal body for my spirit. I like my body. It has been a wonderful, hard-working vessel for me to accomplish many wonderful things in my life and become who I am. I even like my brian. It's mine! I know I have an opportunity to grow in faith and stengthen in my testimony through this expereince.

I was outside the other morning just finishing up my scripture reading. The sun was on the river. A beautiful morning as I comtemplated the magesty of God's handiwork in the creation. It made me stop and ask myself, "Where is heaven anyway?" Many years ago there was a song that was sung often throughout the church. We don't hear it hardly at all anymore. I went downstairs and dug up my music. I want to share the words with you as I sign off today.

WHERE IS HEAVEN?
I wish I could remember the days before my birth
And if I knew the Father before I came to earth.
In quiet moments when I'm all alone
I close my eyes and try to see my Heavenly home.

Where is Heaven? Is it very far?
I would like to know if it's beyond the brightest star.
Where is Heaven? Will you show the way?
I would like to learn and grow and go there someday.

I wish I could remember the Father's loving face
And all the friends and family that filled that holy place.
Was I a child there? Did I walk with God?
And was that where I learned about the Iron Rod?

Where is Heaven? Is it very far?
I would like to know if it's beyond the brightest star.
I've a feeling that it's not too far
When you're with the ones you love it's right where you are.

WHEN YOU'RE WITH THE ONES YOU LOVE IT'S RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE.

Heaven on earth is truly found around those that you love. Protect your home and families. Maintain a spirit of love so we can all recieve the blessings that our Heavenly Father truly desires to send our way if we seek, look and respond to. I love you all so very much. I am so thankful for family and friends and the gospel that constantly protects my heart in my fight to recover.

Looking forward to sharing my results with you on Friday.

Janae

8 comments:

  1. Sister White, I love you and your family! Thank you for being such a great example in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, that is awesome! Way to be a blogger! That's exactly what it's all about! I'm so proud of you. I am getting really excited for my visit. I can't wait to see you and your cute self. I love you tons and tons! XOXOX Berg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janae,

    Your such a wonderful person your wonderful spirit makes me stay strong,I love you and your wonderful family and I cant wait to hear how your test came out,we pray for you daily that you will be able to have the strength to be stronger each day.Thank you for being a wonderful example to me and my family. P.S. I am so thankful for all you have taught to Brittni she truely loves you and she wears her superman shorts every night HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    The Pedersen's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janae,

    I just wanted to say that I think about you daily and pray for you daily. I also wanted to take the time to thank you. Everyone always tells me what a wonderful daughter and son I have and how wonderful we have done with them. Although I agree that they are wonderful, ;) - I also have to give you credit for all the things you have taught my children and how you have helped them in their growth immensely. You deserve alot of credit. Those scripture mastery songs you gave to the kids, the encouragement you provide to Jacquie as well as the positive reinforcement you are at all times. All the kids who have ever had seminary with you are truly blessed. Thanks for playing for me when I sing too. Will be singing in November. Maybe when you get time you could help me pick a song. Who sings the song Where is Heaven. The words are pretty. Looking forward to hearing about your positive results.

    Love you,
    Margie Button

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sister White, I think I met you once - at your wedding reception. Just wanted you to know that there are people way back east (upstate NY) praying for you and joining in the fast today. Wishing you the best, Sherry (Simmons) Halladay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope to see you on Saturday....Would love to see that Janae smile that brings out the sun on a dreary day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janae-What a beautiful blog. I remember that song well, in fact, the grandchildren in my family sang it at my fathers funeral. You are truly an amazing woman and we so appreciate the inspiration and example you are to all. Sorry we won't be able to join you in person in wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! But know we will be thinking of you and sending our love and best wishes for many more happy days! Love, The Mortensens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janae, Thanks for sharing this experience. Each time I read what you've written, I feel the Spirit and want to be a little closer to my Heavenly Father. I wish I could have attended your birthday celebration - we had other obligations. I hope it was a great day for you. All of our love and prayers, The Passes

    ReplyDelete