Wednesday, August 5, 2009

True Love

It's me, Stacia. I hacked in here because today is a very special day.
Today is our parents 31st wedding anniversary!
I snuck around and found some great photos of my parents:
(i hope i can be forgiven) :)


Calvin & Janae
married in the Manti temple
for time and all eternity



this had to be about 1984?



Dad getting a good laugh when we pulled off
Mom's surprise 40th b-day party


this one was last week










Each of us wanted to share our love and some memories about mom and dad - things we love and aspire to from their example in marriage and their dedication as parents:



I love the way my parents love each other! Seeing their love for each other and feeling their love for each of us always gave me security. I know that this one facet of my life is perfect. I had the greatest childhood. :) Regardless of how busy they were with work, with church responsibilities, with the 6 of us and the countless others who they reached out to serve, they always had plenty of love left over for each other! And they still love each other so completely! I hope to someday have a marriage that is as strong, as playful, as spiritually rooted and as loving as what they have worked to create!
Mom and Dad, i love you so very much!!! ~ Stacia









Although they aren't perfect, they have been perfect parents. Dad has guided me along in my life, teaching me invaluable lessons (sometimes against my will). He is someone I can go to with questions and for advice. Mom, simply put, has never let me down. Not ever. I credit her for my interest and talents in dance, music and poetry. Mom and Dad, along with the examples, talents and wisdom I've inherited from them, make me blessed and whole. I love you so much and wish you a wonderful anniversary! ~ Jared







I love the story of Dad chasing Mom around the couches and around the kitchen....this story will always make all of us laugh! I admire that Dad and Mom have ALWAYS gone on Friday night dates. We'd have pizza and stay up late. I'm so glad they made time for each other. Now I do that in my marriage thanks to their example. And every time Dad comes home, they kiss. Usually in the kitchen. When I was in Jr. High I remember them kissing for a long time - and in front of my friends!!! It didn't matter to them. I was so embarassed, but looking back, I am now so proud of their love and devotion to each other! A perfect and balanced marriage that I strive to emulate in every way. Happy Anniversary, Dad and Mom! I love you tons and tons! xoxoxo Bergen

Congratulations Mom and Dad on 31 years of happiness! I am thankful for your great example of having fun with each other. I love that you still chase each other around the kitchen and down the halls at home. Home has been my center and I am thankful I have always wanted to be there with you! All my love to you both, Monique Paige


Well, it's easy to explain how Mom and Dad are with just one word. LOVING! Throughout my childhood, always seeing my mother and father demonstrating their love for each of us and for each other has taught me so much about love. I have been fortified and strengthened in my testimony of my savior and his love for me through the love my parents have for each other and for my siblings and i. Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom! Elder Colton White



Mom and Dad, thanks for showing us and teaching us what true love is all about, what it's made of, and that it never ends!!!






9 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, Stacia; the pics & the commentary are HEARTWARMING! And as one of those many people that often received service from your folks, I appreciate hearing that none of you felt neglected at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Stacia,the pictures and commentary were wonderful to read and look at,as for your wonderful family you guys are wonderful when it comes to anything from service to just being there for someone who needs a hand we love you all and are praying for your mother and family daily. Happy Anniversary Brother and Sister White may god bless you both woth many wonderful years together.

    Much Love,The Pedersen's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure which of these to post on, but I love it! Thanks for the people you are and the things you have brought to my life and my families life. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith and I have been laughing out loud visualizing the chasing around the couch. Ya'all are awesome keep up the fun and goodtimes.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, I love it, I love it! Your blog is so wonderful. Stacia, thank you so much. You guys are such a neat family. We love you with all our heart. I always knew you had a great marriage, but so romantic! You are in our prayers. Our thoughts are on Thursday. Our prayers are hoping for a miracle. You look great Janae, so if that has anything to do with it. We love you!! Your amazing, and so is your family. Happy 31st anniversary.
    Love, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on such a joyful marriage! You are a great example of family devotion and fun. We are disappointed that we won't be in town for your birthday, but we send best wishes for a great time with family and friends. You are in our thoughts and prayers throughout each day. I'll be in touch. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janae and Calvin, Congratulations on your 31st Anniversary. I agree with all the above comments. Stacia - great job on the blog. The pictures are wonderful and reading the comments brings the events to life and we, as readers, can envision them. You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly.

    Janae, you look fabulous. The love in your family is inspiring. What wonderful children you and Calvin have and the grandkids are sure cute!!!

    Love to you and your family, Pam Hokanson and family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos, beginning with the day you were married! What a great tribute from your kids -- a great affirmation of how blessed we are when we follow the principles of the gospel. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed with both of you as individuals and as a couple....full of life. I wish I could have done a recital with you Janae. However it is a privilege to know I was able to practice the Bach Sonata with you at least! I play your CD often with great admiration. Your gifted fingers on the piano is like a voice I've not ever heard before....You're pretty cool to Calvin!
    Keep on making beautiful music together!
    Hugs-Dori Kay

    ReplyDelete