Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Be Grateful For Memories and Moments

Good morning to you all! It's nice to have my communication back (computer)and see that my hands are working well. It's something I pay close attention to these days, not that I didn't before but it's a blessing so easily taken for granted. Be grateful!

Bergen helped me out last week on this but let me cover it just a bit. I had my Gamma Knife treatment on Thursday. Dr. Rockhill said it went as well as they expected. They treated 8 tumors and now we will see along with the radiation that I had last month here in town what benefits it will give my body. I go to the Wenatchee Valley Clinic Wednesday, tomorrow, for the rest of my body to make sure there are no other sources popping up. Our family is going to fast starting Wednesday morning until 4:00. Please do not feel that you have to participate in all these actions. For you to be reading this, it makes me feel that I should at least inform you if you feel inclined. I feel maybe I should explain why "a fast." and not just prayer. Prayers are still great and wonderful. As you may know from the Bible they fasted. Fasting puts your PHYSICAL body and mind in what I like to call a rememberance mode. You are going without food and that doesn't happen easily for most of us. The SPIRITUAL side causes us to think, have humility, draw closer to our Heavenly Father as we pray and refrain from food. I hope that gives you a little more understanding. Be grateful for your health even if it is not what you would like it to be!

AND......Also over the weekend Stacia and (Jon)Jean Zintz became engaged!!!!! I'm not sure sure how to spell his last name. That's crazy. They are totally in love and so right for each other. Direct questions to her. I was in Seattle and then home and have not seen her much. He flew out yesterday. We are thrilled that Stacia is so happy. Brielle loves him too. The Lord does provide at times when we would choose different for ourselves. Be grateful!

I want to close my blog with a wonderful, beautiful primary song that the children from the age of 3-11 learn in at church. When I was young my mother was the chorister and taught it to me. It has always made it extra special for me.


"Whenever I Hear The Song Of A Bird"

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

BE GRATEFUL!

3 comments:

  1. Janae, I am so happy you are able to keep us posted on your journey with this cancer thing. I really do keep you in my prayers and am so thankful for the beautiful example of faith and grace you are for me. I was counting my blessings just a few days ago and you came to mind. I feel that I have known you forever even thought it has only been a few short years. I love you and wish only miracles for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janae,
    Good to hear of your state-of-the-art treatments and read your sweet post. Our prayers are with you and your family. We miss you!
    All the best,
    Barb Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janae,

    I am so happy that you keep us informed here on your blog I love that I can come here and read just what is on your mind we love you so much and have you in our prayers always.........we are so happy for Stacia as well........I am so greatful for the example of faith and courage you have shown me these last few years and I hope that I can learn from what you have taught me as Brittni would say you are a wonderful teacher and example and she loves you.......please know we are here for you I hope you continue to feel great and have good news


    Love,The Pedersen's

    ReplyDelete