Monday, October 12, 2009

The things I am learning!

Hello to everyone. This is Janae. Calvin is home and sharing his computer with me tonight. This is my chance to give my own update. I appreciate Bergen for filling in for me. I have not been ignoring you but am waiting for a new hard drive for my computer.

Bergen covered the procedures that are coming up for me this week. I qualifiy for it because the tumors in my head have not grown and also there are no new ones. The procedure involves radiation which is done from the outside of my head. Each of the larger tumors will be zapped with radiation individually for a certain amount of time. They find the procedure is about 85% successful. They don't know the details of the treatment until we have our consultation on Wednesday afternoon. The treatment procedure is Thursday morning. The following week I have a complete scan of my body to make sure there is no other source of cancer through the rest of my body. I believe the date is the 22nd. Then we will decide with the doctors where we go from there.

I want to share some things I am learning:

Do not make a plan when it involves cancer. Each day is new. I look back on our planned month of September. We had our trip to Snowbird cancelled, moved Judson's flight home from his mission into Wenatchee. I had radiation and chemotherapy to get my motor skills working better, etc....all keeps your faith moving forward. Still a good month to make better.

People have a hard time sharing computers. Everyone does everything on them now.

We apologize about things not necessary. We say "sorry" that we don't send a card or make a phone call. "I had planned to but didn't ....." No one knows your expecations for you and most don't expect them. Don't give yourself the guilt or the excuse. Life is so much better....enjoy!

Do the right thing at the right time even when it seems like something simple. It can make a huge difference.

We have a right to change our minds. I chose not to have radiation and chemo. but as I started to have some motor skills problems I told Calvin it is like anything in life. "If you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results." I had to change my mind even though I had planned on not having these treatments. It has helped me and was the right thing for me to do.

Tears make many people uncomfortable. Tears have many meanings. It can be a sharing of something sacred, special, happy or sad. There are many wonderful stories and thoughts shared through tears. Follow your heart!

Being physically "lean" is not from your workouts at the gym as much as it is from your nutrition.. We get all stressed out about our must-have-routine at the gym....many don't enjoy and drag themselves to it, delighted when they walk out. I have found that vegetables and fruit trim you right down in a very heathy way.

I don't know how to cut and paste on this computer so I will leave this like it is and get it mailed off to you.

On my first blog post I mentioned something about "the old Janae" and the "new Janae." I remember stating that I already could see the "new Janae" was going to be a new, improved version. I see it differently now. The "old Janae" is my tri-cycle, with training wheels and a foundation of who I am and where I am going. I am learning to add a bigger bike and eventually get back to my clip-on peddles. I'm glad you are taking this ride with me. Thanks for your continued prayers, love and faith.

St. John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Love to you all,
Janae

8 comments:

  1. Good luck this week and next, Janae! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see that you are able to post this week. You are still in my thoughts and prayers Janae. Radiation seems scary with those BIG machines, but if it can help reduce or eleminate those tumors, it is worth it!! Best of luck and thank you for such inspiration. I love you Sister White. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear FRIEND Janae,
    I just learned today about what is happening in your life and am heavy hearted. You have always been such a good friend. Our contacts have been few over the years but alway a joy to have.
    I am overwhelmed at your strength and faith. There is so much I can learn from your indominatable spirit. You are a beautiful woman and from all that your family has shared, a wonderful mother and knowing Calvin and you as we do, I know a wonderful wife and companion. I regret that our paths haven't crossed more often.
    I just want you to know that you have always been an inspiration to me. You have so much talent, knowledge, compassion, and so many more attributes that the list could go on and on.
    I'm not very good with words, but I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. And wish you well, and want you to know that I love you always!
    Your friend
    Terri Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. So grateful to read your updates. You and your family are always in our prayers and we love you! Pary Kenck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a blessing, Lazer Technology!! I get to learn so much about the sciences of aeronautic engineering/physics from my son and it is phenominal! God's knowledge is PHENOMINAL! I was reading in Joseph F. McConkie's book "Revelation of the Restoration" relating D&C 101:32-34 to God's knowledge. Quote,"During the Millennium the mysteries of creation will be revealed. It is apparent from these verses that men will NOT know the answers to questions concerning creation before that time. In large measure such questions will answer themselves.....It is possible that many scientific conclusions based on our telestial order will have no meaning or relevance there".
    So even my own temporal observation of God's greatness can't compare to the awesome immensity of knowledge we will gain from Him during the Millenium....way cool! That feels so right! Hope you're feeling it too...and all the healing power that comes with it and the procedure you undertook. So proud to know you!
    Hugs,
    Dori Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I meant radio-wave tech. and not lazer!!!!, OUCH!!
    Hope you're laughing as hard as I am??
    Hugs,
    Dori Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janae,

    I just wanted to let you know that you continue too remain in our family prayers and persoanl prayers and we hope that this procedure you have just taken will help with the cancer......we love you and your family so much and our hearts are so full for you and what you are going through may god bless you and your family with comfort and peace during this hardship in your life............we love you dearly please let us know if there is anything we can do for you

    Love,The Pedersen's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girl Friend

    I didn't get a chance to say "hello" on Sunday, but it was great to see you from afar.

    I still think it is so funny that our entire ward thought it was wonderful that you played the piano the Sunday before Christmas - when, in fact, you played it just for ME.

    You are the best. If you feel up to any company, give me a call.

    Love, Bonnie Grant

    ReplyDelete